Faith Training Christian Academy
Home of the PATRIOTS!
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
(2 Timothy 3:16).
We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
(1 John 5:4-6).
We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal, future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
(1 Cor. 15:3; 1 Peter 2:21-24; John 3:16).
We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and eternal punishment of the lost.
(John 5:24, 28, 29).
We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
We believe in the Christian’s hope: the soon coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ
(1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).
The core issues that support FTCA being the best educational choice for your child are grounded in our common beliefs:
1. Education – The primary responsibility for training and equipping students is given by God to parents (Deut. 6).
A. FTCA exists to assist and partner with parents in the spiritual and academic training of their children.
B. Parents should respond by working in cooperation with the and academic training of their children.
2. Truth – Scripture is the revealed Word of God and is taught as truth. All truth is God’s truth.
A. Students are taught: They are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
B. They must confront the issue of sin and redemption (1 John 1:9).
C. They can know God revealed in Christ and made present through the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13, John 20:22).
3. Integration – Every element of the curriculum is permeated with God’s Word. Learning includes:
A. An understanding of human history and God’s activity in it.
B. Humanity, its cultures, and its cultural contributions.
C. How Christians are to live and impact the world.
D. Understanding Christ as our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.
4. Christian Educators – Our Board of Education, administration, faculty, and staff are Christians.
A. All school personnel know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
B. All school personnel desire to model Christ in their teaching and leading (Matt. 10:24).
C. All school personnel reflect and support the school’s core values.
5. Potential in Christ – Every learning experience aims to engage students toward their full potential in Christ. Learning well includes a focus on:
A. The individual’s relationship to society.
B. Intellectual development through the academic disciplines.
C. Making disciples (Matthew 28:19).
D. Preparing for works of service (Ephesians 4:12).
E. Developing an eternal view of life.
6. Operational Practice – Our practices are Biblically based. Biblical standards permeate governance, human resources, business/finance, governmental relations, developing/marketing and classroom management.